Step 1: Enter Your DMV Client Information
Instructions for Step 1:
If you have applied for a NYS driver license, learner's permit or non-driver ID within the past six months, you can use this transaction to lookup the mailing status of your new document(s). Just follow these directions:
To check the mailing status of your DMV photo document...
1. Enter your DMV client identification:
- Client ID Number or Name. If you know your DMV Client Identification Number on your DMV photo document, enter it. Otherwise, enter your last name, first name, and middle initial as you reported them to DMV.
2. Enter the following personal information:
- Date of Birth. Enter 2 digits for the month, followed by 2 digits for the day, followed by 4 digits for the year. No spaces, hyphens or slash marks. For example, 5/2/64 should be entered as 05021964.
- Gender. Select "Male" or "Female".
3. Press the "Show Status" button.
Top of Page